Orca speech still messed up

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 22:07:32 UTC 2017

howdy,

did you try to renew all configuration files for speech-dispatcher
# move global configuration for speech-dispatcher
sudo mv /etc/speech-dispatcher/ /etc/speech-dispatcher-old
# remove your user specific settings
sudo rm -r /home/<user>/.config/speech-dispatcher/
# remove any root specific settings
sudo rm -r /root/.config/speech-dispatcher/
and resinstall speech-dispatcher then?
cheers chrys