Sound works as user but not as root

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Aug 27 21:32:34 UTC 2017

Howdy,

yea fenrir is running as root (if you did not any special setup). so
also speech-dispatcher runs as root.
if you are using pulse you need to stream the sound that is played as
root to the user or run pulse systemwide.
an other option is using alsa.
i tried to wrote down some solutions here:
https://wiki.linux-a11y.org/doku.php?id=fenrir_user_manual&s[]=fenrir#no_sound_at_all

sadly this is not an fenrir but an audio configuration issue so i cannot
work arround to it.

cheers chrys.