Sound works as user but not as root

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 22:22:38 UTC 2017

Howdy,

I cannot see any constructive here.
its not that far away i had similar problems with ALSA or ESD.
so "i hate that" is not usefull lol
problems like this are solvable. anything else is just stupid rant...

there are 2 possible solutions:
1. stream the "root" sound to the user. (see fenrirs
"configure_pulse.sh" script)
2. run pulse system wide (ALSA does the same here caused by design, what
it doesn't make it more secure by design....)

cheers chrys