No sound after login on mate desktop.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 20:03:12 UTC 2017

Okay, your sound system is working, now go graphical and try alt-f2 then
type orca -r and hit enter.  If you only get orca up for a short time my
guess is you may be missing some gsettings commands that need typing.
Earlier did you type:
gsettings set org.mate.interface  accessibility true
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled
true