Help with a few projects

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 00:00:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

Darn! I tried this fix as outlined below.

Root at vps: # adduser wordpressuser www-data Adding wordpressuer to
www-data, done.

root at vps: # chown wordpressuser:www-data -R /var/www/html

Root at VPS: #

Win SCP shows that /blog owner is wordpressuer, group is www-data, with
same read write execute permissions.

I went to update an existing plug-in and was presented with this message.

Connection Information
To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web
server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not
remember your credentials, you should contact your web host.
Hostname