Announce: Slint64-14.2.1 is released.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 29 00:08:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

Le 29/12/2017 à 00:52, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> hi, sorry if this is mentioned  but may I know what version of espeak
> used in this? 1.49.1? because I need the Arabic voice.
> also, is it suitable for new users of Linux?
> going to open the urls given now, hoping to find more info about this.
> thanks

Currently we ship espeak-1.48.O4 for speech in console or text mode
and espeak-ng-1.49.1 for graphical mode, i.e. when used as back end
of orca. If you need it it may be possible to use the file ar_dict
from espeak-ng-1.49-1 in espeak-1.48, at least this can be tried.

About new users of Linux, I am not sure to have a good answer.

Feel free to ask more questions, I will be glad to answer.

Greetings,

Didier