can windows break my motherboard?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 29 10:20:03 UTC 2017

Hi.
I was trying to set up a double boot system. windows 10 and Linux.
I had Linux on the harddrive and it worked fine.
then I downloaded the latest iso from microsoft using windows media creator.
I inserted the cd and booted from that.
Suddenly my hard drive just stopped spinning.
I can't install Linux at all. it doesn't detect the hard drive. just a
cd if you put that in.
Do you Think that just booting windows 10 broke the hard drive or the
motherboard.
I've bought a new computer now with asus x99-e ws/usb 3.1 motherboard.
I'm planning to do the same, but I'm afraid. the computer is expensive.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a