can windows break my motherboard?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 29 10:27:48 UTC 2017

it sounds like Windows 10 modified the UEFI on board or changed a setting in there that prevents any unsigned OS from starting. You might have to get some visual help to determine this. If so, there may be recovery options available that are simple and won't break the bank.

also, get a copy of Vinux and put it on a DVD or USB stick and see if that boots. If so, then it might be a different problem. If not, then it is likely something windows 10 did.

-eric