can windows break my motherboard?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 29 21:31:31 UTC 2017

# I have never heard of windows breaking a mother board

I haven't heard of Windows itself breaking a motherboard, but viruses
have been known to destroy hardware. They usually burn out the CPU,
bypassing its overheating safeguards, or they access hard drive internal
firmware somehow. They can also gain access to other internal firmware
on the motherboard that can lead to destruction of the chipset or other
parts. However, this being a very new download, I doubt this is the
problem in this case.
Imetumwa kutoka jana