frustrate shouldservers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Feb 4 17:03:10 UTC 2017

One time pad ciphers can be very useful in that the page in the pad has
a different matrix of characters on it for each day in a month.  Some
places in the matrices are boxed which forces a space in whatever is
written.  You take the character you would write and add it to the
character in that space reached by what you write and the addition
becomes what is written and is one of the characters in the character
set.  During World War II. these ciphers got used and were not broken by
the Nazis and weren't possible to compromise by interrogation either.
It was the Special Operations Executive that was famous for using
one-time pad ciphers and n.l.s. has a book "between silk and cyanide" by
Leo Marx who trained many spies in their use.  The Germans had used
one-time pad ciphers before but what Leo Marx did with them was to set
character distribution rules for each page and put the box into effect
and had those to break up cipher strings and make messages more
difficult to crack.