frustrate shouldservers

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Sun Feb 5 03:48:50 UTC 2017

heheh. well, it does help to have an Idetic memory (near total recall). btw, here is a site I just dug up to test the strength of this password string: http://www.passwordmeter.com

according to that, I have managed to create a 100% strong password with a complexity rating of very strong (character length rating bonus of +136). so, yeah, I am good at generating them in head.

btw, I use a feature here on my macbook called keychains. It is fully encrypted and the password for it is as equally complex and unguessable. every time I want to make sure that I have the right password, I have to enter that after I click the checkbox next to the password field. I am required to authenticate at that point. so, I get a lot of practice using my primary password. still, it doesn't hurt to refresh those in my head once a week. it can become a real pain when I have to change one due to a site security breech. Ever try to forget something in a brain that is hardwired to remember everything? not possible!

btw, my ability actually became apparent after a head injury that was the primary cause of my blindness. go figure.

anyway, as I get older, I am finding that it gets harder to do this. it's one of the primary reasons why I am resorting more to the password utility available here. I will see if I can setup something similar on the Vinux laptop. that or dispense with generating them in my head and just use "pwgen" and set it for 10 character minimum and use all keyboard generated characters, symbols and numbers.

-eric
from the central office of the Technomage Guild