magnification?

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sun Jan 29 16:01:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

Le 29/01/2017 à 16:12, Zahari Yurukov a écrit :
> Hi,
> KMag doesn't work with KDE 5.x - there were attempts that to be fixed, as well as I'm aware reading the kde-accessibility mailing list,  but I have KDE 5.8 here under Fedora 25, and KMag runs, but displays nothing.
> So please correct me, if you know a way to fix this, but the only reliable way for magnification I know is the build-in magnifier under the GNOME Desktop.

Have you tried MATE? What about increasing fonts size?

> I've tried other methods in Ubuntu in the past, with compiz etc., which do work for some people, but never have worked for me.

You can also try installing Debian, with ~ATE, then add Hypra's
repository (cf. hypra.fr). If you install mate-accessibility-full,
you'll have a fully accessible desktop. Just remove the screen reader
from autostart apps, and enjoy. To magnify on this system, super-up or
mouse wheel.

Hypra installs LO 4.2 as more accessible for blind people. But you can
install a newer LO release.

> The magnifier in GNOME is not perfect, especially when you use keyboard navigation, but it makes the system at least usable for someone with low vision. It can work fullscreen and follow the mouse pointer well. There's possibility for High contrast and Large text as well.

Yes. Compiz by Hypra enables it as well now. In Hypra's repo, many fixes
are brought to Compiz, in paqicular related to keyboard navigation and
focus tracking. These fixes are being committed upstream (cf. launchpad
bugs). But it's not zet in distros as not in a Compiz release. Eence our
repo, to make users have benefits of the work before Compiz release.