sound devices in gnome

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 13:50:59 UTC 2017

The below advice assumes pulseaudio is being used. There are some of us,
not just AT users but also professional musicians and audio
professionals, who prefer to avoid pulseaudio.

And therein hangs the tale. The answer isn't necessarily obvious.
However, the first question is obvious: Who's in charge? pulseaudio?
alsa? Or, still possibly, though not as likely, oss?

Janina