will pico or nano fix this?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 8 02:03:53 UTC 2017

see if d2u or dos2unix or fromdos or flip are available they all have
the same function and will remove those hard returns if you tell those
utilities to bring the file into unix format.
Next, see if fmt or newfmt are available these will reformat lines for
you to a default width of 80 I think and if you don't like 80 you
specify your own width on the command line.