Changing Emacspeak default settings and making them stick?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 19:36:31 UTC 2017

Hit control-h then hit i to bring up info inside emacs or just run info
emacs outside of emacs.
Once you have done that type /customizing emacs<cr> and then read.
One of these times if you haven't yet done it it may help to type info
info <cr> at the command prompt and read.
To do what you need after that learning you'll need to find emacspeak
inside the customize utility and you may want to put a couple semicolons
in front of the emacspeak line in either your .emacs file or your
~/.emacs.d/init.el file first.
This way emacspeak is temporarily shut off.
When you get emacspeak customized and those changes saved you'll want to
remove those semicolons and try emacspeak out with your customizations
in place.