working with nano

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 14:11:58 UTC 2017

I don't know which version of Debian you're running, but I just did
some quick checks, and:
Debian oldstable(Wheezy?) and Debian Stable(still Jessie for now
though I believe Stretch is in Release Candidate) both offer a 2.2.6
version of nano.
Debian Testing, which is what I'm running, has a 2.7 version of Nano.

I don't really follow Nano development, so I have no idea whey the
version number changed so little during the previous Debian release
cycle compared to the current one or what changed between 2.2 and 2.7.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.