Youtube TV Site?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 19:51:46 UTC 2017

While it's true that DirecTVNow isn't exactly the most user friendly app
on either a phone or a Roku device, I can get it to work on both,
although I did need to use Chromium for the initial signup process, as I
couldn't even get to the signup page in Firefox without getting a "WHAT
THE DEUCE" unsupported browser message. Chromium gave me the same
message whenever I tried to watch something, but I still was able to
sign up using it.

Having tried Sling, Playstation Vue, DirecTVNow and TikiLive on both
Android and Roku devices, and having also tried Hulu with live TV on
Android, I would say that Sling offers the best access on both Android
and Roku by far, as it is quite accessible and fairly easy to use on
both devices. Hulu is a fairly close second on Android, but doesn't run
on Roku yet, although this is "coming soon" according to their list of
supported devices. Both PlayStation Vue and DirecTVNow  are mostly
usable on the Roku devices, but the interfaces are a bit less intuitive
than Sling. On Android, DirecTVNow works, but refuses to cast to a
Chromecast, and the guide will only tell me what's on, not what channel
it's on, whereas the Roku will allow me to see a grid of channels, but
won't tell me what's on them. Playstation Vue is the worst of the lot on
Android, as not only did I have problems navigating in the guide, but I
also could find no cast button, even with the latest Android and Google
Home app. On the other hand, it's clearly my second choice for
accessibility on Roku devices, and its channel lineup seems more
comprehensive at the high end than Sling with its far superior UX but
slightly less comprehensive channel lineup. At the high end though,
Sling just may beat out PS Vue, although I didn't try the highest
package with all the extras to see what I would get. For now, I have a 1
month trial of DirecTVNow that will expire in just under a month, and I
watch TikiLive's free channels, of which there are many, although few if
any of those are cable channels. However, cable channels are available
from TikiLive at a cost of $30/month, and this seems to include a lineup
that is similar to Youtube TV's offering, but it's available anywhere in
the US. Hope at least some of this information helps.
~Kyle