Roku accessibility (was Re: Youtube TV Site?)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 02:24:06 UTC 2017

Considering how hit or miss websites are when it comes to ease of
blind use even in a browser as mainstream and feature rich(arguably to
the point of excess) as Firefox, I'm inclined to believe most
webmasters have made no effort to ensure accessibility and that when a
website is fully accessible, it's as often by accident as by design. I
doubt the average creator of webpages even knows that browsers like
elinks and lynx even exist or even takes the time to ensure there
pages load as intended in mainstream graphical browsers other than the
one they use themselves.

That said, from what I've tried, I'd have to say currently available
console web browsers leave much to be desired, with even sites that
have never given me problems in Firefox sometimes being unusable in
text-mode browsers assuming I can even figure out how to point the
text-mode browser at a given URl. It's a real shame that even the best
text browsers seem so limited compared to their graphical cousins,
especially since Firefox is the only reason I ever launch an Xsession.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.