using dropbox with ubuntu mate

Mark Peveto southernprince73 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 22:25:40 UTC 2017

Hi folks,
I've sent several posts to the list in the last few days, and am concerned they might not be making it, since they've gotten no answers.  I figure I'll try once more, then give up.  For this
post, I'm working with ubuntu mate using dropbox.  Since in ubuntu mate, there appears to be no mate panel, how are folks able to tell that the files they're putting in the dropbox folder are
uploading, or what they may or may not be doing?
Note, suggestions like switch to something different than dropbox won't help me at this point.  Dropbox is what i need to use, so I need to figure out how to work with it.
Thanks all.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!