installing bsd with speech

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Thu Mar 23 02:11:35 UTC 2017

I have been a pro user of OpenBSD for years. It was a lot easier to use when all I had to deal with was low vision on a big display.

Pros to OpenBSD:
1. best firewall out there, hands down
2. application jails
3. server jails
4. secured IPC
5. able to run on 2 GB or less reliably
6. takes minimal disk space for all but an X-desktop installation (I still have one sitting on an old 500 mb disk!)
7. stable VPN/IKE implementation
8. distributions available for even some embedded operations (including router board devices)

Now, if I just knew what processor and hardware the Braille Sense U2 used, I would try and find a way to compile a version to work there.

-eric