Latest Speakup patches on 4.10.7 kernel, kernel packages updated

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed May 3 10:07:50 UTC 2017

In my brief tests, the latest patches seem to fix the long delay when
stopping speech. I tried with a lot of text output and speech stopped
immediately when I pressed Numpad-Enter. I'm using a DECtalk Express. Thanks
for fixing this; it's much appreciated!

I've updated my Debian 4.10.7 kernel packages with the latest patches from
speakup2.tgz. They can be found here:

http://iavit.org/~bats/kernels/

Look for the -2 packages. They worked fine on my system, but as always, no
warranty. The problem with speech not working in other consoles was a local
system problem which isn't related.