anyone with knowledge of the artic transport, chime in

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue May 9 22:09:24 UTC 2017

you should probably set 9600 for speed, 8,n,1 8 bits, 1 stop bit, no
parity.
you may have to try xon/xoff or rts/cts for handshaking.
I think it should be rts/cts, however.
Then you can load up minicom, set the same parameters with it, and you
should be able to output text which the synth will read.
When you can do that, you should be able to load speakup with it.
kp