testing debian

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue May 16 12:36:58 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

Samuel and others can correct me, but I think even the latest kernels from
Debian unstable don't have the Speakup serial patches yet, so yes, you would
need my kernel image. Download the package and install it with "dpkg -i" as
root. I guess I should set up an apt repository, but for only a few
packages, it doesn't seem worth it. Alternatively, you could wait for the
Speakup patches to make it into the official staging tree where they'll
eventually be picked up by Debian and my packages won't be necessary.

You didn't say if you're running Debian testing, but if so, you should have
a recent version of alpine. If the version in unstable is out of date, you
should file a bug. You can join the debian-user list, but it's very high volume.