no sound in ubuntu command line

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 22 05:31:22 UTC 2017

A quick visit to google show that debian, of which Ubuntu is a derivitive,
removed the required kernel module because of some license issue.
The module required seem to be: snd-cs46xx.
It looks like there is a lot of information to solve this by doing a
search for "download kernel module snd-cs46xx".
It is a non-free module.
You would likely have to get the code and build it against your current
kernel.
HTH, Willem