no sound in ubuntu command line

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 22 09:36:35 UTC 2017

Hi,
I checked on my upgraded ubuntu 16.04 and the module is there.
Try and install the linux-image-extra-version where version is your kernel
version.
I.E. at a terminal, do
sudo apt-get install linux-image-extra-`uname -r`
After that, the easiest is to restart, but you can try to modprobe the
module in stead.
HTH, Willem