hardware synths.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu May 25 20:34:47 UTC 2017

The dec-talk voices, constructed as I understand it first to simulate
speech  for service members  who lost their voices  due to injury, are
some of
the best ever invented.
I am therefore profoundly surprised no one has made an effort to keep
patent  so that indeed the voices can  be carried over to more graphical
situations.  My own hardware synthesizer,  using dec-talk voices, the
reading edge, likewise has no
connection  to Linux at all, not even in the command line,
Glad you found an express.  would buy one myself if the price is right
smiles.
Seriously, who owns the patent for the dec-talk voices?

Karen