Linux flavor recommendations?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri May 26 10:31:23 UTC 2017

    Hi all,

I'm just trying to get into Linux in general, and have been doing some
reading about OSes.

I've been reading a lot of good things about fedora, so my plan was to
try it out in a VM before I do anything else.

Trouble is, the media writer util doesn't seem to be accessible on
windows with NVDA at all, so I'm just curious if fedora's still an
option for blind folks?

Or, even better and I know this is quite a broad topic, but if anyone
has any OS recommendations that they think work particularly well, then
please do let me know!

I've heard good things about arch, which is the second one on my list if
you will, any thoughts?

Thanks for any help,

Daniel