AW: Re: Linux flavor recommendations?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 29 16:42:52 UTC 2017

Howdy,

Fenrir runs on fedora as well.

By the way i need some Russian testers (or others with non western encoding) for test my autoencoding stuff. Maybe someone with that setup has time and fun to help me out here.

Cheers chrys

Von Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
Datum: 29.05.2017  14:44  (GMT+01:00)
An Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com>
Betreff Re: Linux flavor recommendations?

Those are two good choices except for one problem with Fedora. There's
no one packaging kernel staging modules these days, and that leaves you
doing your own work to compile Speakup for each new kernel.

I understand Vinux is moving to Fedora, which would obviate the above
issue. I'm thrilled that's happening, because Fedora is a very good
environment in many, many ways. I still run it on my server, where I
have no use for Speakup as all my access i over ssh.

The above reason prompted me to leave Fedora for Arch something over a
year ago.

Janina

Linux for blind general discussion writes:
>     Hi all,
>
> I'm just trying to get into Linux in general, and have been doing some
> reading about OSes.
>
> I've been reading a lot of good things about fedora, so my plan was to
> try it out in a VM before I do anything else.
>
> Trouble is, the media writer util doesn't seem to be accessible on
> windows with NVDA at all, so I'm just curious if fedora's still an
> option for blind folks?
>
> Or, even better and I know this is quite a broad topic, but if anyone
> has any OS recommendations that they think work particularly well, then
> please do let me know!
>
> I've heard good things about arch, which is the second one on my list if
> you will, any thoughts?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>

> Daniel

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200