SV: run linux on a android tablet

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 13:37:03 UTC 2017

I have not been able to try it yet, but I am told that Termux, available
on Google Play, might offer a way to install Fenrir for example. I know
of at least two persons who are looking for someone who might have the
technical know-how to port Speeech-Dispatcher to this environment.

It might be a good option, since it does not require rooting the Android
device.

Fernando

On 10/25/2017 01:44 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
 > Please keep in mind, That Speakup is also part of The Linux kernel. I
do not assume, that kernel module can be injected to The edxisting
kernel in RAM with no need to path The file with kernel inside flash
memory of The phone.
 > Making screen reader, console based screen reader for Android is not
so easy as it seems to be.
 > In fact, Android device do not support hodkeys like Linux desktop
systems to access one of The virtual consoles. May be, that console
daemon can allow this inside desktop variants of Linux.
 > I think, that normal user of Android will not get in touch with Linux
console, unless some crytical bug will kill The X server.
 > But normal user will very probably hold power button for 10 15
seconds and user will reboot The phone.
 > Sure, there are many various emulators. Everybody can try all of them
on Google play, but how many of them will support screen readers? So you
will be able to read The input line for typing commands and especially
The result of every commands?