Spoiler : project codenamed houdini

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 4 23:01:54 UTC 2017

Hello everybody out there using Linux –

I'm conceiving a Linux distribution with accessibility and some
assistive technology, designing a colorblind/impaired accessible
interface with nice aesthetics, I did a few tests and it ended just as
expected, this alone may bring Linux to beat Mac os X on accessibility
side,

It will be on top of Debian with apt-pinning for development purposes,
the 3 branches and the packages locking feature, will be used to allow
developpers to easily replicate bugs to fix them, allowing a
pseudo-versionning system at the same time, used the setup a while,
overall it was a breeze.

My next aim would be to trim the system, hoping to be able to use a
window manager or a light desktop manager with accessibility tools,
accessibility reports of desktop environments, window managers and
softwares would be useful.

At this point, I could slowly make a working setup, the issue is to
create the iso with a decent installer, name/logo/design is thinked
yet, so I mostly lack a coder and a graphist, otherwise it goes way
above what I expected for now.

I also have a load of ideas I could implement later but understand
that the Debian focus don't mean it will be locked to it.

I’d like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won’t promise I’ll implement them. :)

Mike
Note : Didn't knew the rules for linking the project or contact
informations so I didn't put anything to identify it and myself for
now ...