Spoiler : project codenamed houdini

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Oct 7 21:12:51 UTC 2017

Howdy Devin,

> This has always been the problem in Linux. People all seem to want different things
Hehe i do not think this is limited to Linux :). Thats a matter of our
Humanity. All people are different, this must for sure result in
different needs :).

>   I'd love a screen reader that incorperates auditory icons, artificial intelligence, and different speech parameter changes to denote levels of headings, links, italicized/bolded text
Do you have concrete plans here? i just see the technical side (since i
m not blind). Problem i see with any kind neuronal networks those are
often very expensive in performance. The more complex is task is, that
more power is needed. Blind people are not often in that lucky position
to buy expensive hardware. The other thing is that also any kind of
intelligence needs input. So for sure the usage of an artificial
intelligence does not wipe out the need of toolkit interfaces like ATK
or MSAA. without any input data we will not get any output :).

> Orca isn't going anywhere fast
maybe you wanna dive in and help out here :). orca is not hammered in
stone. so its easy changeable. many tools and toolkits for AI have
python bindings ( i dont know why but those guys seems to love python hehe).

> we'll need something more powerful than Orca and LibreOffice
does this mean you want an other office suite? or different progress
with the gotten data?

> but I lack  the knowledge, monemoney to hire anyone to do this
the knowledge was never a problem :). if you want i explain anything i
know about those stuff to you. About money. many people (including me)
are working without money for a big plan. if the idea is good enough for
sure other will come along :). while developing Fenrir i got many
contributions from guys i never talked to (lol). Also the concept of
fenrir itself ways just an idea because i do not know it better here. if
you have an good/ better idea that will revolutionize accessibility
technology, let me know i m all in!

cheers chrys

> JAWS certified.

Beer and Pizza certified ;).

Am 07.10.2017 um 20:34 schrieb Linux for blind general discussion:
> This has always been the problem in Linux. People all seem to want different things. I'd love a screen reader that incorperates auditory icons, artificial intelligence, and different speech parameter changes to denote levels of headings, links, italicized/bolded text. But, Orca isn't going anywhere fast, Emacspeak is limited to what Emacs can do, and Fenrir is just starting out. I know, I should go and develop all this, but I lack  the knowledge, and the monemoney to hire anyone to do this. If you want accessibility to be better than that of macOS, we'll need something more powerful than Orca and LibreOffice. Just saying, this will be very hard, and plenty of Blinux users may not want such a huge change all at once, as they are used to the way the accessibility tools work now.
>
> Devin Prater
> Assistive Technology Instructor in Training:
> JAWS certified.

>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonargnulinux/
>>> vinux: