Spoiler : project codenamed houdini

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 8 11:47:53 UTC 2017

Howdy,

> of greater modularity, reducing its dependency on Python and other
> optional libraries
That would mean you want to write an screenreader  from scratch because  there is no non python  code in orca. Its fully written in py.
Python  is motly used for tasks like this because you can do stuff without  big overhead like memory allocation and pointer movements and much more. Teams are very small so its an compromis (sure c will also gain Performance  in some cases, i see that) but a more simple language  is the only reality i can see here.

>> I dislike having to install software I won't be using.
Hmm, I do not understand that sentence. Noone is using software he/she do not need? Me 2. Or do i fail here lol.

>improving compatibility with LXDE would be on
> the list of contributions
Hm isnt LXDE written in GTK? So it should wor in theorie for non custom widgets. For the custom widgets we need to figuere if the needed evens and information  is fired by the widgets. If not it needs to be fixed on LXDE side since orca will not react to no none input.

> an even larger share of my RAM and CPU usage, I feel like the only
Yea its a lot of data that needs to be send over dbus (what sadly is very slow). I realy wait for KDbus, Bus1 or whatever it is named then to boot the Performance. Hehe funny fact for difference  in  humanity, a few mails bevore some one wants to use AI networks on the other hands you want to keep CPU and RAM low. What is both ok but it shows: That different are people. With that in mind, me as developer  give up to make it right to everyone,  but just to that people who like my software or want to use it. Its not possible  to do it in another without get mentaly hurd. Peoples are going to be personal or doing  shitstorm in an total irational way.

>web browsing from the
> command line
Yea would be great. Sadly creating and maintain a browser supporting modern Technologies not only <a href=> needs an army of developers.
Script, Video, Audio, webassemblys, webGL, webSockets and all kind of web 200.0 stuff is requred to render all that crazy web today. Thats byside the problem  to bridge CLI vs GUI because how are things going to be shown if they are not renderable on CLI. Complex stuff...
> akin to using an Office Suite when a text editor would get the job
I also prefer writing in an editor anf copy it later into an wordprocessor to make formatations. I dond like software that trys to think for me lol. Autocorrection, auto linebreak, numbering blah... :) sure could be turned of but then i also just have an editor XD.

Cheers Chrys