[Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 20:04:43 UTC 2017

> The two slapt-getrc lines are identical unless there is a case difference I missed.

Yes my mistake, sorry, corrected in a further post that maybe you missed:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/blinux-list/2017-October/msg00049.html
You do need to write slint-testing instead of slint-14.2, else the next
"slapt-get --upgrade" will actually downgrade your system to the
previous released version, that don't speak!

Also, I have edited the file
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-testing/iso/ACCESSIBILITY
to mention the need to press [Enter] after booting.

Please let me know if anything is wrong, unclear, badly worded or missing:
English is a second language for me and I am not comfortable using it.

Proposals for enhancements are welcome.

> I have had success getting my wireless network up with nmtui.
> I went into the graphical environment and got to the cancel or launch screen of networkmanager but could only activate the cancel button but I think that's because I did not figure out what I discovered with nmtui yet.  With nmtui I edited connections and removed wired and then nmtui found my wireless connection easily.  I edited that connection and got to the cancel and OK buttons.  I couldn't get them working for a little bit until I used the right arrow key on the numberpad to move to ok and then hit enter.  After I did that and restarted the system I ran lynx and got to the lynx home page.  I suspect use of the right arrow on numberpad with numbers turned off will also work in networkmanager but haven't tried that yet.

So, at least nmtui is working. I will mention that somewhere.

Cheers,

Didier