slint-testing site inaccessible

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 21:10:47 UTC 2017

All of those chmod 755 filename commands can be rewritten as chmod +x
filename.
An additional section in the accessibility document on testing your iso
probably will be helpful since this isn't yet a torrent iso integrity
problems can happen using either wget or curl.  When I used wget to get
the iso, I used:
wget -bc filename.iso
a wget-log file got created against which I ran two commands.
first was wc -l wget-log and the number that returned as it increased
told me the file size was increasing.
When the wc -l wget-log command stopped returning increasing numbers, I
then used:
tail -3 wget-log|grep -i "saved"
and got the saved file name and its size returned.
The startup procedure for startx I automated earlier.
Cut here.

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# file: x.sh - xorg run script.
clear
sudo -H systemctl stop espeakup
startx 2>&1 >startx.log
sudo -H systemctl start espeakup

For me this provides a much cleaner start for x and also creates a log
file of any error that might appear on the way up into x.

On Wed, 11
Oct 2017, Linux for blind general
discussion