Screen reader research project.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 21:17:38 UTC 2017

Karen said:
> Still, there are companies contracted  to provide  tests across
> platforms on accessibility.  If you do not tell the people drafting this
> industry respected effort, how will they know?

Every time I have filled out this survey, I have told them the same
thing. I believe it was just last year that I told them that I couldn't
accurately complete the survey, because not only did they not include my
desktop OS and screen reader, but I don't think my mobile OS and screen
reader were listed either. That could have been the mid 2015 survey, but
still, the fact remains that many people have filled out this survey
inaccurately again and again because there is no proper way to
accurately complete it.

It has been said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over,
expecting different results. Frankly, I'm not sure who this industry is,
nor do I care, since time and time again, these so-called researchers
have continued to ignore Linux, and only recently have they finally
decided that Android is suitable for what I'm sure they and others like
to call "the blind." With this in mind, I refuse to continue doing the
same thing over and over, expecting different results. I'm done. If I
keep trying this same survey each time they put out a new one, it will
do far more to make me go insane than it will do to help anyone.