Downmixing Surround Flac to Stereo.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 11:39:57 UTC 2017

Yes, this is what I do all the time with mkv files. I have created a
couple scripts, e.g.

<begin code>
#!/bin/bash
#Use ffmpeg to extract 16bit to audio.wav
#One argument is input file
ffmpeg -i "$1" -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 audio.wav
</end code

>From there I can "flac -best" or "oggenc -q 10" or whatever.

I generally play via mplayer, which will handle mkv perfectly well, by
the way.

Janina