Downmixing Surround Flac to Stereo.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 13:18:15 UTC 2017

The Blaze ET still choked on the stereo.flac produced by the ffmpeg
example, but I was at least able to get it to play on my desktop
without it sounding like most of the audio was missing, though I'm
starting to think my original problem was mkvextract not knowing how
to deal with audio streams in surround flac(I've previously only used
mkvextract on files using Ac3 as far as I know).

In this case, I only needed the first audio track from the mkv, but
for future reference, is there a way to specify ffmpeg should extract
the second or third audio track? Most of the mkvs I encounter are at
least dual audio and English isn't always the first track.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.