run linux on a android tablet

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 18:51:00 UTC 2017

I have heard of ArchLinuxARM running from a chroot on a tablet or phone,
but I'm not sure that desktop applications would run. There are VNC
applications that run a full Ubuntu or similar in a chroot, complete
with a desktop, and display it on screen using VNC, but it doesn't
speak, because the VNC protocol carries no audio. X2go may help there,
as its protocol does carry audio, but I haven't tested it yet. If you
just want a shell, you may be able to run an ARM version of Linux, I
know for sure of Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE and Debian being able to
run on ARM devices in a chroot using a terminal emulator, assuming you
can find one that allows you to read the output of your commands using
Talkback.
Imepelekwa kutoka ofisi yangu