SV: run linux on a android tablet

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 14:33:08 UTC 2017

And, I haven't been able to get the old one to compile on recent Android
releases.

I have toyed with trying to compile Speakup or one of the other
console/terminal screen readers for Android. I've even built much of the
compile environment. Sooner or later, someone is going to do this and
that will be the real solution, imo.

Talkback is quite capable for the native Android object environment, but
useless in the terminal. Even the old terminal that sort of worked
didn't work well because screen review was clunky and hard to use well.
We need native terminal support from a terminal oriented sr.

Janina