SV: run linux on a android tablet

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 15:44:08 UTC 2017

Please keep in mind, That Speakup is also part of The Linux kernel. I do
not assume, that kernel module can be injected to The edxisting kernel
in RAM with no need to path The file with kernel inside flash memory of
The phone.
Making screen reader, console based screen reader for Android is not so
easy as it seems to be.
In fact, Android device do not support hodkeys like Linux desktop
systems to access one of The virtual consoles. May be, that console
daemon can allow this inside desktop variants of Linux.
I think, that normal user of Android will not get in touch with Linux
console, unless some crytical bug will kill The X server.
But normal user will very probably hold power button for 10 15 seconds
and user will reboot The phone.
Sure, there are many various emulators. Everybody can try all of them on
Google play, but how many of them will support screen readers? So you
will be able to read The input line for typing commands and especially
The result of every commands?