Arch Linux:No sound on fresh install of mate.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Sep 3 08:27:34 UTC 2017

So as you guys know I have been playing around with arch linux. When I
installed mate And rebooted I was able to log in. I had no sound. So I
couldn't hear orca. This is what I did.

pacman -S mate mate-extra
pacman -S lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter
set lightdm-gtk-greeter as greeter in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
systemctl start lightdm
systemctl enable lightdm
pacman -S orca
dbus-launch gsettings set org.mate.interface accessibility true
dbus-launch gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications
screen-reader-enabled true
So I'm not sure what is wrong hear or what I missed. But I can't
unmute anything in alsamixer if I don't have sound to hear orca. I
even installed pulseaudio.

--
Seth Hurst
hurstseth405 at gmail.com