perl version updating

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 18:58:47 UTC 2017

Hi Anonymous!

This is Shlomi Fish here.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 07:14:09 -0400
Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:

> I have several perl modules *.pm files that need rebuilding against an
> updated perl base.  I hadn't got that far into perl for rebuilding modules
> yet.  Any pointers at material to read through before trying this I think
> will be quite helpful.  I was doing a little reading on perlcompile and my
> impression is that's a collection of tools not all of which are stable.

Perhaps see the resources at http://perl-begin.org/ - especially
http://perl-begin.org/topics/modules-and-packages/ and
http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/ . (Note that  I am its maintainer)

Otherwise *.pm are text/code files that do not need to be rebuilt (although
they may require updating for the new version of the perl interpreter  due to
introduced incompatibilities.). You may be thinking of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XS_%28Perl%29 which does require rebuilding.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish