archlinux gnome and orca package

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 11:43:24 UTC 2017

Does Speakup even work in a Gnome Terminal session? I wouldn't have even
thought to try such a thing. And, if that's the case you most certainly
shouldn't expect to have Orca and Speaup both sharing a single
speech-dispatcher process. I don't believe anyone built those to work
that way. Wierd.

Janina