almost got gdm and mate working on archlinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 11:37:34 UTC 2017

Last time I tried to get GDM to pass audio access on to Orca, I discovered I
needed to restart speech-dispatcher to get it to work.

Also, you should check the uid/gid for both GDM and the desktop
speech-dispatcher process. When I was last trying to get this working, I
discovered a discrepency there as well.

hth

Janina