speechdispatcher-git

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 22:59:25 UTC 2017

OK, let me try to be a bit more specific.

Why do you think you need a graphical login manager? What, exactly is it
doing for you?

I ask this question because the easiest way to avoid the problems
handing off speech from the dm to the gnome session with orca is to not
use a dm at all. Options include autologin on the console, or standard
console login, followed by startx which can reliably start Orca and
speech-dispatcher.