startx missing twm and xclock

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Sep 9 12:23:01 UTC 2017

Something else interesting came up when I ran:
sudo -H Xorg -configure
specifically, a segmentation fault at address 0x50.  This is an old amd
k8 Athelon system so may be too old to run xorg I don't know.
I did install xorg-xclock and xorg-twm and startx takes me into a
windowed environment though commands I key in have no effect for some
reason.  I'm going to try running startx and then do
control-alt-backspace and see if that will even shut xorg down.