startx missing twm and xclock

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Sep 10 13:16:30 UTC 2017

Okay, I found out Xorg --configure needs to be run as root to do a boot
strap configuration.  I also found Xorg did a segmentation fault at
address 0x50 not too far into the process and died.  For that reason,
I've cleared gnome and xorg and associated packages from my system
including any configurations they may have left.  At this point, I
figure before I try this again I want to start with a known state.  I
wrote a script to handle this and am glad I did that since even after
gnome is removed from the system it somehow leaves lots of packages
behind.  These I discovered using yaourt -Syua and taking note of the
error statements that were thrown then adding those extra packages to
the script.  On my system for some reason, wpa_supplicant was also
removed but I have the install disk so was able to fix that.  Also all
  dvd burning tools were removed so I put those back as well.
Interestingly, once all of these packages got removed from the system,
vlc suddenly played files ithout xcb error true coming up each time it
was run.