Digitizing audio cassettes and extracting the contents of digital cartridges.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 12:07:56 UTC 2017

I still have one of those cassette decks, and compared to that, the
cartridge player is downright tiny. That said, while I think it a
shame there was never(at least to my knowledge) a walkman-style
cassette player capable of playing single tracks or adjusting playback
speed, those yellow bricks are actually quite compact compared to most
of the non-Walkman-style cassette players I remember from my
childhood(Less awkward to lug around than even a mini boombox for
sure), and while Wikipedia informs me Sony released the original
Walkman in the late 70s, it was the mid-90s before I ever saw a
pocket-sized media player of any kind, and while I'm not sure when the
NLS Cassette deck first came out, I'd assume its older than me
considering it features in some of my earliest memories(for reference,
I was born in 1986).

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.