Digitizing audio cassettes and extracting the contents of digital cartridges.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 13 17:49:27 UTC 2017

The one thing I heard over and over again from humanware when they created
the new digital  players for NLS is seniors.
They assumed that all patrons were older, something I thought was goofy
since  I have been a member going back to age 7.
In fact that is part of why I am so surprised by all the bard focus.
I am not a smart phone user, the digital voices make me dizzy.  I do not
belong to bard either, but for different reasons.
Speaking only for myself, I prefer my cassette player, knowing from nls
that not all titles in the collection will be converted, and I find time
and time again something I need for research only exists on tape,
sometimes even on disc.     To me tapes  sound better as well.
  But that is me.  I am no senior, but can honestly say almost all  tech
stuff mobile wise is not accessible for me.  I am sure I am not alone in
the   nls population either.
Karen