Digitizing audio cassettes and extracting the contents of digital cartridges.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 00:56:17 UTC 2017

I doubt Humanware or NLS assume all patrons are seniors. I wouldn't be
surprised though if statistics show that a large population of NLS
patrons are seniors though. Many conditions affecgt eye sight as people
age, plus the RLF outbreak after WW II mean there are a large number of
blind adults now in their 60's and 70's.

Whether they're a statistical majority or not, NLS needs to take into
account their requirements, and in my opinion, the NLS is right in going
after a player that can be used by everyone and not just people
accustomed to specific technologies.

For my part, I've been a NLS user since my early teens. I also see a lot
of books available for young adults and children every month.

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail